Saturday, December 02, 2006

Lunch Friday 1 December - Red Pepper Risotto and courgettes


I was thinking about Spainish rice - something my Mom used to make. Basically, it was just rice cooked with tomatoes, onions and seasonings.

I have the jar of pepperonata the I opened the other day to use up, so I decided to try using it to make a sort of Spanish rice. Maybe red pepper risotto is a better description.

Red Pepper Risotto
1 cup / 8 fluid ounces water
1 serving Pepperonta
75g arborio rice
15g grated half fat cheese

Mix the pepperonata and water and bring to a simmer. Add the rice, cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.

Stir ocassionally but not too much or the rice will turn to mush. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve with some pan fried baby courgettes.


Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal) 423.3
Protein (g) 15.9
Carbohydrate (g) 72.3
Fat (g) 8.3
Fibre (g) 5.1

No comments: