Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lunch Thursday 21 December - Creamed Mushrooms on Toast


Creamed Mushrooms on Toast
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 echalion shallot
2 cloves garlic
small handful chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 pint vegetable stock
2 tablespoons thick single cream
2 slices bread
30g grated half fat cheddar

Cook the mushroom, garlic and shallot in the vegetable stock over low heat until all the vegetables are very soft and the stock is reduced to nothing. This took about 1 hour. Then stir in the cream and parsley and warm through.

Serve scattered with the cheese and accompanied by toast.

Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal) 440.2
Protein (g) 26.0
Carbohydrate (g) 51.2
Fat (g) 15.0
Fibre (g) 6.0

You may have noticed that I am using a different plate. I recently noticed that my favourite plate from my Scraffito dinner service has a crack running through it. I have a service for 4, but I am sad to see that one of them has developed a crack, so I have switched to my old enamel ware plates while I look for a replacement for the Scraffito plate.

I bought the years ago in Habitat and they are now discontinued.

No comments: