Sunday, December 31, 2006

Lunch Monday 25 December - Christmas Dinner!


I tend to have my Christmas "dinner" late afternon - after the Queen's Speech, but earlier than I would normally eat dinner.

This year I settle in at about 15:30 with
  • Walnut & Cheddar Cheese Balls in Bechamel Sauce
  • Bread & Chestnut stuffing
  • Roast Parsnips
  • Roasted Potatoes
  • Fine Beans
  • Brussels Sprouts Sauteed with Chestnuts
  • Onion Gravy
  • Cranberry Sauce

This meal was a staggering 1367.4 calories. I enjoyed it, but think I need to rethink my Christmas traditions. I have been making this same meal (well, nearly) for the best part of twenty years.

This year, it made me feel incredibly full and to be frank - unwell! I am not used to so much rich food any more. And I have heaps of leftovers, despite having halved my recipes.

Way too full to eat another meal today, although did nibble on olives and peanuts in the evening.

Think next year I will plan a nice seafood Christmas.

No comments: