Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lunch Monday 13 November - Pappardelle with Courgettes


Pappardelle with Stewed Courgettes
75g pappardelle pasta
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
1 red onions, cut into rings
1 serving Stewed Courgettes
10g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

I had some leftover Stewed Courgettes from 8 November, so I sauteed a sweet Romano pepper with some red onion and added it to the stewed courgettes. I had this with some organic pappardelle and grated Parmesan cheese.

I am getting into " going away" mode now, so expect some more unusual meals as I empty out the fridge before headin Stateside to visit my Mum for Thanksgiving.

I bought the organic pappardelle at Fresh & Wild when there was still a shop on Old Street. They closed in June 2006 & I miss them. Nearest shop now is in Camden, a bit far for me. There is one in Stoke Newington, too, but I have not been there either. Apparently, they are opening a massive new store in Kensington in 2007 - again, sort of far for me!

Fresh & Wild is part of the Whole Foods Market group.

They have a FABULOUS shop in Union Square in NYC that I visited in April. I loved a fully organic supermarket on two floors, complete with special escalators for the shopping trolleys!

Whole Foods Market

No comments: