Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sunday 19 November - Livin' la Vida Super-8

Started off my SuperStart Plus Breakfast at the Super-8 with a wheat muffin and a seeded bagel with a dinky little 14g "porshun pak" of peanut butter. The toaster here is soooo slow. You need to set it to "10" and select "bagel" setting to even get a whiff of brownness of your bread.

Then I went wrong and had a chocolate doughnut, too.

Lunch was a salad of lettuce, broccoli slaw, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and Ranch dressing accompanied by a Digiorno Frozen Microwave Rising Crust Four Cheese Pizza which was totally vile. I ended up just eating the topping and discarding the crust which was weirdly spongy and tasteless.

Ah, the joys of micro ready meals. Science-wise, it was interesting. It comes massively over packaged with a special little stand for the pizza to sit on and a collar that its supposed to do something.... crisp the base? It does look pretty weird (not my actual pizza, but a picture of the contraption)



But, it fails the ultimate test as, rising in the microwave or not, it tastes like shit.


Dinner was a salad of lettuce, green beans, chick peas, spring onions, asparagus and some tiny little Geisha tinned shrimp which were not very nice in texture.

Whenever I see tinned shrimp, it always reminds me of my Aunt Helen. When she was busy trying to lose some weight, her husband, my Uncle George, used to make her a packed lunch to take to work each day. Tiny tinned shrimps were one of his favourite ingredients for her lunches and every time I see tiny tinned shrimp, I think of them.


No comments: