Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dinner Wednesday 21 November 2007 - Spring Rolls


Well, as I am getting ready to head off for 5 weeks, I am trying not to buy any food. Just working through what's in the cupboard and freezer and not bringing anything new in. I wish I could clear the freezer out completely, as I don't have a lot of faith the my fridge will survive into next year, but there is too much in it for that, so I will just do my best.

So, expect some unusual combinations, I guess.

Spring Rolls
5 SeAroy Thai Fish cakes, shredded
2 garlic, crushed
1 thumb ginger
3 chillies, sliced
2 small carrots, julienned (about 75g)
handful Savoy cabbage in julienne (about 90g)
4 spring onions, shredded
¼ red pepper, julienned (about 40g)
1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon Thai Green Curry Paste
1 teaspoon sugar
8 large spring roll wrappers

Combine all the filling ingredients and divide into 8 even portions. Wrap each portion in a spring roll wrapper and arrange on a non-stick baking sheet. Spritz with a little flavourless oil and bake in a hot oven/Gas 7 for about 20 minutes until browned.

I had these with some of the Ilawara Plum Sauce.

Makes 8 rolls

Nutrition Data
Calories (kcal) 681.6
Carbohydrate (g) 138.9
Protein (g) 19.9
Fat (g) 4.4
Fibre (g) 7.4

No comments: