Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dinner Saturday 19 August- Veggie Sausages and "I Had a Coupon...."



Veggie Sausages and "I Had a Coupon...."
100g Fry's Polony Vegetarian Slicing Sausage
1 sachet Schwartz Rich Onion Gravy
150g new potatoes
150g asparagus, steamed
2 carrots, steamed

Again this is me working on the food hoard.

I bought the Fry's Polony Vegetarian Slicing Sausage in Holland & Barrett's freezer section a while back, just because I had never had it. It come in a sort of 500g tube and appears to have come all the way from South Africa! Not bad, actually, although pretty fatty and 261 calories per 100g as a consequence of the vegetable fats.

Read all about it:
Fry's Polony

I like the slogan - "Kiss a Vegetarian and Taste the Difference"

The Schwartz Rich Onion Gravy is another of my "I had a coupon" purchases. I am one of the last of a dying breed of coupon snippers and they have the desired effect on me - they make me buy things I ordinarily would not. This one says "Tastes Like Homemade" on the front. Well, it does not taste like the homemade onion gravy at Chez Lowlife.

Anyway, not the tastiest dinner ever, but next time I am tempted to buy some packet sauce, I will remember writing this..... I still have an l'orange sauce packet and some other instant "sauce for fish" packet which were impulse/coupon buys, so watch this space.