Friday, August 25, 2006

Dinner Thursday 24 August - A humble sandwich


Very sad to have beautiful new cooker in flat, but cannot use it as gas fitter would not come and connect it.

After yesterday's debacle when scurrilous delivery men faked health & safety concerns (well, I don't know that for sure, but seems likely), I was left with one range cooker sitting in middle of kitchen and another in hallway.

Gas fitter does not want to move cookers or even help me move cookers around. Spent ages on phone with New World trying to sort it out before finally giving up in them altogether and phoning Tim the Plumber (recommended by my veterinarian). I had called him initially, but he was busy until September, so I tried elsewhere. As it is Bank Holiday weekend and I am off to the Lakes next week - September it is, then.

Still a shame - it looks so nice and I can't use it! On the postitive, kitchen looks nice with fresh lick of paint and a thorough cleaning.

So, cookerless and never having bought a dread microwave, I am consuming cold fare for the foreseeable. Tonight's repast:

Sandwich
2 bread (I used Burgen Soya & Linseed)
1 T mayo
1 t mustard
1 tomato
1 bag rocket
65g veggie polony sausage, sliced thin


Make a sandwich, already!

Calories (kcal) 434.8
Protein (g) 28.9
Carbohydrate (g) 38.0
Fat (g) 19.0
Fibre (g) 7.5