Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lunch Tuesday 24 April - Left over Matar Paneer & Herb Salad


I am getting into "going away" mode, so no new foods in house and just working my way through what's in the fridge.

Lately, I have become addicted to herbs salads and have one just about every day. So, thought I would show you one and share the "recipe"

Herb Salad
150g Romaine lettuce
50g wild rocket
50g spinach
large handful fresh dill
large handful fresh basil
large handful fresh parsley
large handful fresh chives
spray olive oil
spray balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper

Toss all the leaves together, mist with olive oil & vinegar, season lightly and dig in.

I bought my oil mister from Lakeland ages ago and it is one of my best kitchen investments. It is a pump action mister and refillable, so now chucking it in the landfill, either.

Nutrition Data per serving
Calories (kcal) 69.7
Carbohydrate (g) 7.3
Protein (g) 6.1
Fat (g) 1.7
Fibre (g) 4.0

So, had a Herb Salad and the left over Matar Paneer

No comments: