Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunday 8 April - Easter in New York

Up at the crack of dawn again and started the day off with some alfalfa sprouts & Ranch dressing between two slices of Levy's Jewish Rye and an apple.
Gave Lisa a call and arranged to meet up to take the boys to see Disney's new "Meet the Robinson's" flick in 3-D on West 86th Street. So I set off for East 106th Street to meet Lisa, walking some of the way, then hopped on the bus.

Feeling peckish on the way, so picked up a garlic bagel to nosh en route and popped into the Duane Read to buy some Easter candy for the boys.

Arrived at Lisa's far too early and interrupted her breakfast with her mother, but did bag a Krusteaz Blueberry Pancake. I had never heard of Kruzteaz before, but they make a decent pancake (or Lisa's Mom does with their mix, anyway).

Made myself useful grating cheese and doing general prep work for Lisa's family Easter dinner.

"Meet the Robinson's" was a hoot and it is all very fun sitting in the theatre wearing 3-D glasses & munching popcorn.

After the movie, I was hoping to meet up with Alex, but had not heard anything from him. Got Lisa's laptop hooked up to one of the multiple unsecured home networks wafting through the ether on 106th Street and checked mail, but only nothing as he does not have email at home.

Anyway, I was getting ready to head back to the hotel, but ended up being asked to stay to Easter dinner, so I did. It was which was a ham marinated in all sorts (not for me, thanks!), macaroni & cheese, greens (some made specially for me with no meat) & candied sweet potatoes. Delicious!

Back at the hotel, I find a voicemail from Alex proposing we meet up, but it is 20:00 by the time I get it and he has already headed back to Flatbush for the night after spending the afternoon at the office in Manhattan.

To full from the Easter dinner to even contemplate anything else, except a few spears of asparagus as a midnight feast.

No comments: