Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday 10 April - Last day in NYC



Well, another travelling day, so expect more weird food choices, starting with lima beans for breakfast

What can I say? I love lima beans; I bought some that I had not had a chance to eat and it was my last chance to have them so I did

Breakfast was frozen lima beans, a pretzel and coffee

Went for a last wander around and ended up in the Village again. I had thought of going down to the former site of the World Trade Center, but heard on the news that they had closed off another street (Cedar Street?) down there to clear debris and look for more human remains. Somehow, it all seemed a little to ghoulish, even after 6 years, so I decided to pass.

Wandering around, I found myself coming up Sixth Avenue and spotting the fabulous Jefferson Market Library, which I had all but forgotten about.

And there was a Tasti D-Lite across the street, so I had a cone and continued my wandering
When I got back to the hotel, I was in sort of "clean up" mode and found myself eating all sorts of odds and ends - a pack of oyster crackers I had in my pocket from the Grand Central Oyster Bar, a bag of Lay's Potato Chips, 3 carrots, a bag or radishes, a couple of slices of Levy's Jewish Rye. I was just in "graze" mode.

Checked my email and found a little message from Alex with this attached:



In the afternoon, I got the bus out to the airport for my Air India flight at 19:45 and after that it is all a blur. I was tired, the movie was something I was not interested in and could not see anyway. Air India seem to be quite free with the wine, probably because most of their passengers don't drink it, so I ended up having three mini bottles, which no doubt contributed to my forgetfulness.

I ate Indian veggie meal of some manner and drifted in and out of sleep.

No comments: