Saturday, September 30, 2006

Breakfast Saturday 30 September - Last of the feather rolls & mango smoothie

Had the last 2 feather rolls with some coffee, then made a smoothie of a (very) ripe mango and a clementine.

Feeling awful to day - Pris woke me up at 7:00 today, screaming for her breakfast from the bedroom window sill.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I realised I was sick. I was 100% fine when I went to bed - now I cannot breathe, feel like my sinuses are full of concrete, have a sore throat and zero energy.

Poor me.... I blame the sugar from yesterday. Went to Covent Garden yesterday with a mate and "accidentally" went into CyberCandy's new shop on Garrick Street

I went a little crazy....
  • candy necklaces
  • Twizzlers (liquorice & strawberry)
  • Charleston Chew (chocolate & vanilla)
  • Good 'n' Plenty
  • Boston Baked Beans
  • Milk Duds
  • Tootsie Roll
  • Sweet Tarts
  • Chocolate Turtles
  • Red Hots
  • Boyer Mallow Cup
  • Boyer Peanut Butter Cup (FAR superior to Reese's)

I don't know what came over me - I don't really have a sweet tooth, but it was just so FUN to see all my childhood favourites. I felt 10 years old again, in Sam's Corner Shop on the DC line...

Then we went to the NZ shop (Kiwi Fruits) and friend insisted I have something called a "Pinky" bar. Oh dear.

Should not have eaten the candy necklace, Twizzlers and Pinky bar.

OK, realistically, my cold is more likely from the crowds in Covent Garden than from sugar, but I feel awful anyway.

CyberCandy