Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dinner Sunday 17 September - Spicy Bean Burgers & Salad


Well, I made 9 spicy bean burgers on Friday, so I had another portion for dinner tonight. With them was a salad comprising some pea shoots and celery leaves.

The pea shoots I bought at a Sainsbury's Local on Farringdon Road on the way home from the 10 mile walk yesterday.

The celery leaves are from a beautiful head of celery I bought at Waitrose, called "Victoria Leaf Celery". I imagine it is just like any other celery, except that is is not trimmed. It was about 24 -28 inches long and had LOADS of beautiful dark green leaves, which I have been adding to salads, stir fried etc. They are delicious.

According to "The Grocer":
"Waitrose has unveiled two new exclusive salad products.
Victoria Leaf Celery is available from July until October and is grown on rich black Fen peats on Stretham and Hainey Farms in Cambridgeshire. "

I will certainly buy it again if I find it. Here is a picture of "Victoria" from the Royal Horticultural Society: