Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shellfish bonanza!


Well, I was in Chapel Market just now and the fishmonger who is there late in the week (usually Thursday - Sunday) had boxes for frozen langoustine for a FIVER.

Too good to pass up! So, even though

1) The freezer is pretty full
2) I am enjoying having ice making capacity and
2) I still have some langoustine I bought in China Town in the freezer

I could not resist and bought another box.

Got them home and wrenched off the heads/thoraxes so I could just put the tails in the freezer to save space. Currently making a big batch of langoustine bouillon and will probably make a proper, blow out bisque with them.


Trying to decide whether or not to so back to fishmonger. He had 2 boxes of langoustine (I am tempted to get the other) and he also had blue crabs. I love blue crabs, like we used to get in Maryland and New Jersey. Not a lot of meat of them, but very tasty. These were from Sri Lanka, but they looked similar.

I have some Zatarain's Crab Boil in the kitchen which I brought back from New York and it is singing to me "buy the crabs and use me".

Decisions, decisions!

Zatarain's Crab Boil