Sunday, September 24, 2006

Breakfast Sunday 24 September - Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps and Grapes


Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps and Grapes

As it's Sunday (and I had them in the fridge) I started off today with 2 thin slices of toasted homemade seeded oatmeal bread, a tub of Morecambe Bay potted shrimp and a bunch of grapes.

The potted shrimp were bought in Waitrose during the most recent food buying frenzy. They were £2.39 for a two ounce tub. OK, but (no surprise) I prefer my own potted shrimp. Must stop in on Steve Hatt sometime soon and pick up some brown shrimp to pot my own.

Here's Waitrose's article about their potted shrimp:

Waitrose Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimp

If you are not familiar, potted shrimp are just shrimp cooked with butter and spices, them packed in little tubs/pots and sealed with a layer of butter. I generally add some mace to my potted shrimps; these did not appear to have any seasoning. Don't get me wrong - they were nice. Just not as good as mine.