Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday 25 August - Heading home from Cornwall


Breakfasted on a cantaloupe, some blueberries, coffee

Left Hayle at 08:30 and arrived at Exeter to return AA Rescue loaner car at about 10:30. Fiona's mate Tony (father of the girls) met us there and drove us back to Fiona's flat in South London.

I snacked on an apple, a banana and a custard cream in car.

We drove back on A303 and stopped at a Burger King someplace along the motorway for lunch. I had some fries; not a lot else on offer for non-meat eaters.

We arrived at Fiona's in south London around 16:00. and I got mini cab home which set me back £25.00

At home had 4 ribs of celery, 2 carrots and 1 bag of REAL Cheese & Spring Onion crisps I had bought at the services.

My lower legs and feet very sore, puffy and itchy from sunburn compounded by prolonged sitting in the car. It is pretty uncomfortable. I applied some calomine lotion, which seems to help a bit.

No real dinner - snacked on some Gorgonzola and an apple.

A kind of "bitty", boring and tiring day.

But I heard a great line on the telly:

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, they shall never cease to be amused."

No comments: