Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dinner Sunday 15 October - Duck Eggs Florentine


I enjoyed the eggs Florentine I had recently so much, I decided to reprise them. But, I did not have any bread (which is not really traditional, anyway) so I made them without.

I can now make bread again, as I have finished the Alpen and have made a loaf today. More on that at tomorrow's breakfast...

Eggs Florentine
300g cooked spinach
2 duck eggs
4 tablespoons single cream
15g grated Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper & nutmeg to taste

You will need 2 cooking rings or 2 ramekins.

Chop the spinach finely and season highly with pepper and nutmeg. Add salt to taste.

Press the spinach into the rings or ramekins and leave a depression in the centre for the eggs. Crack an egg into each ring or ramekin and top with 1 tablespoon cream.

Place in a preheated moderate oven (Gas 5) and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until egg is just beginning to set. Add another tablespoon cream and 1/2 the grated Parmesan to each ring or ramekin.

Cook for another 5 minutes, or until top is just browning and egg is as set as you like.

Remove from oven.

If using rings, slide a knife around each ring to loosen filling and place on serving plate with a spatula. Remove ring to serve.

If using ramekins, serve in the ramekin.

I had these with some asparagus and runner beans.


Nutrition Data
Calories (kcal) 477.5
Carbohydrate (g) 14.9
Protein (g) 40.4
Fat (g) 28.6
Fibre (g) 12.6