Monday, October 23, 2006

Dinner Sunday 22 October - Yet another go at tofu dogs - success!


1 tofu wiener
250g sauerkraut
1/2 teaspoon caraway
160g runner beans
200g new potatoes, boiled
1 portion onion gravy

Finally found a way to make the dreaded tofu dogs palatable - cook them in a flavourful gravy.

This onion gravy is a recipe I think I poached from Delia Smith. The recipe is here

Dinner Wednesday 27 September

And since sauerkraut & sausages are pretty traditional in Germany (where Taifun wieners are made) I popped open a jar that I had in the fridge (so expect to see a few more sauerkraut dinners as they only seem to sell sauerkraut by the hundredweight) .

But I still would not buy Taifun Tofu Wieners again!

P.S. - Finally remembered to turn date stamp back on in camera after turning it off to take eBay pictures on Thursday.