Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dinner Saturday 23 September - Veggies


Feeling totally AWFUL today. Nasty, unpleasant cold with sore throat, bunged up nose and general achiness and feeling shite.

Crab boil would have been a waste, as I can barely taste anything, so just ate the veggies that I had bought to have with the crabs.


Corn on the cob, tomatoes and asparagus always reminds me of summer. Down on the Jersey shore, when I was a kid, we would bring corn from our neighbours farm, Joe Longstreth, and have it with fresh caught crabs from the Barnegat Bay.

A lot of the corn (or "sweetcorn", as the English like to call it) that I have had in the UK has been rubbish and anything but sweet. These ears were from the fellow in the market that I get my tomatoes, peppers, broccoli etc from and they were damn good.