Saturday, February 10, 2007

Breakfast Friday 9 February - Pineapple Cottage Cheese


Started the day with a pot of low fat pineapple cottage cheese and some coffee.
I have been watching the BBC's series "The Truth About Food" and was interested to see that research indicates that people who eat a high calcium diet excrete more fat in their faeces.
"According to the science, compared to a low-calcium intake a high calcium intake increases the excretion of fat in the faeces. This means the more dairy calcium you include in your diet the less fat will be absorbed by the digestive system. "
Protein is also supposed to keep you full longer and I was planning on working in front of the PC for a good 4 hours, so I thought I would try it out.
Plus, I like pineapple cottage cheese!


BBC's "The Truth About Food"

No comments: