Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lunch Saturday 3 February - Kid's Party Food

Well, I more or less knew I was going to eat rubbish at this party, so I just girded up my loins and enjoyed it.

After a crappy start (thanks, closed Northern Line and cloth eared idiot who sold me wrong ticket), I had a

FUN DAY!

Stuffed my face with kids party food and generally had fun.

I had cheese & onion party rolls, Nik Naks, crisps & pretzels. And of course, a piece of chocolate birthday cake. And one Party Ring.

What got me when I was recording it all at home later was the SALT content. Staggering.

Cheesy Nik Naks have 1.1g of sodium per 100g - that's 2.75 grams of SALT per 100g. And the "Nice and Spicy" ones are even worse.

Cue ranging thirst all evening and 3 pounds weight increase tomorrow!

Then birthday boy and I excavated a velociraptor skeleton from a block of "earth" (one of the Boots educational toys). What a fun present - he was very excited every time we found a bone. I was chief "muscle" and he was in charge of the expedition. Pleased to say we found all 12 bones and assembled said velociraptor perfectly.

He also seemed pleased with my prezzies - homemade Chelsea FC biscuits and Chelsea FC birthday cake - I just hope it is edible!

No comments: