Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dinner Sunday 11 March - Prawn Devil Curry


I had a coupon........


Yet again, I succumb to to lure of money off coupons. Anyway, I clipped a coupon from Sainsbury's magazine to try one of the new range of ready made sauces from Sharwood's . I chose the Sri Lankan Devil Curry. It was OK, but no where near hotter enough to warrant the moniker "devil" and needed more veggies, in my opinion.

So, I add some more veggies and some chillis and coriander and it was not half bad.

1 Jar Sharwood's Sri Lankan Devil Curry Sauce
1 onion (about 150g), chopped
200g fresh tomatoes , chopped
1 green pepper (about 200g) , chopped
small handful red chillis, sliced
big handful coriander leaves
200g prawns
Spray a non stick pan with a little oil and cook the veggies over low heat, covered, until they are soft. Add the jar of sauce and heat through. Add the prawns and heat through. Stir in the coriander and serve.

Nutrition Data per serving
Calories (kcal) 220.6
Carbohydrate (g) 23.6
Protein (g) 17.4
Fat (g) 6.6
Fibre (g) 7.5

No comments: