Saturday, March 31, 2007

Dinner 31 March - Kippers with Papaya & Black Bean Salsa


Kippers with Papaya & Black Bean Salsa
120g bag mixed leaves
1 kipper fillet, cooked
1 serving Papaya & Black Bean Salsa

Hmm - I had not had a kipper in years and they took my fancy in Sainsbury's.
Now I remember WHY I have not had a kipper in years.

1. Cooked them in foil pouches in the oven trying to avoid "grilled kipper" stench and entire flat REEKS of kipper anyway.

2. MILLIONS of bones! They are worse than John Dory. I know people say just go ahead and eat the little bones, but they always get stuck in my throat - yeck!

No more kippers for me, thanks.
Anyway, being totally anal In then had to skin the kippers and pick over them with tweezers removing as many of the tiny bones as I could. Resultant fish was the served with lemon and black pepper. It is in the little silver cup on the plate.

P.S. - Why are kippers always sold in pairs?

Nutrition Data
Calories (kcal) 691.1
Carbohydrate (g) 62.7
Protein (g) 46.3
Fat (g) 29.7
Fibre (g) 15.7

No comments: