Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Breakfast Tuesday 2 January - Mango & Clementine Smoothie

Trying to get back into the swing of things after Christmas and New Year excesses, so had a huge smoothie made from some of my 10 for £1 mangoes, a clementine and a lemon.

First thoughts on 2007 Compact
Had first real taste of the "no new items" pledge today. I was walking past Woolworth's in Chapel Market and noticed some faux sheepskin fleece quited mattress covers in window on sale for £9.00. Thought "bet the cats would love that" and then thought again - nope! Not buying anything new in 2007.

Also received the Lakeland Limited sale catalogue. I love their stuff and am a sucker for kitchen gadgets and storage "solutions". I did browse on line and nearly placed an order on New Year's eve, but I decided that it violated the spirit, if not the letter of my 2007 Compact. So, no new spoon rest & pot lid holder for me!

I do have one exception so far - I desperately need a new television as my current set has been on the blink since about June. It works OK, but the colour is so bad that the Simpsons look normal. Marge's hair looks brown on my telly. So, I decided that I can get a new TV if I cannot find a good freebie on Craig's List or Freecycle.

Can't complain really - I bought the telly in 1995, so it is 11 years old now.

No comments: