Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dinner Friday 12 January - Roasted Monkfish Skewers with Rosemary


Roasted Monkfish Skewers with Rosemary
No real recipe here. I just cut the monkfish into chunks and used some bits or anchovy to "lard" each chunk of fish. Then I sprinkled the anchovy laced monkfish with lemon, salt and pepper and threaded the chunks on "skewers" of fresh rosemary. Each skewer was spritzed with a little olive oil.

I then popped them under the grill with a tomato and grilled them for about 5 minutes, while I was steaming some broccoli & runner beans.

Nutrition Data
Calories (kcal) 259.4
Carbohydrate (g) 12.7
Protein (g) 34.5
Fat (g) 8.2
Fibre (g) 8.1

Larding is normally the process of injecting extra bits of fat, called lardons, into meat. Meat is normally larded by using a instrument called a larding needle. Larding can be used to add succulence to drier cuts of meat.

I borrowed the idea from this process, but injected the monkfish with anchovies more for the flavour than anything else. I just cut a little slit in each chunk & stuffed a half an anchovy in the slit.

No comments: