Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dinner Wednesday 10 January - Dinner at Fish Works












Met up with Marcel and we had a few drinks then went to the FishWorks restaurant on Upper Street. I had grilled swordfish with Moroccan Salad (which was basically sliced tomatoes with shallots and olives). It was nice and the fish was well cooked, if a bit pricey.

Also ate a huge portion of cheese for afters - a nice bit of very mature cheddar and some Stilton, too.

FishWorks website

Still, it satisfied a yen for swordfish which I had had for a few days. Happened to see an old episode of "Fraiser" in which Niles presents Fraiser with a massive jar of capers and Fraiser makes some quip about swordfish. Got me thinking "Mmmmmmm - swordfish & capers" in a Homer Simpson sort of way.

So, I got the swordfish, but no capers this time. I had been looking in Steve Hatt's for a couple of days for swordfish with no joy.

No comments: