Friday, May 18, 2007

Dinner Friday 18 May - Salt Cod with Tomatoes & Peppers


Well, as I am always mentioning about Herb Salad, I thought I would show you a picture of a nice selection of washed herbs for salad. Here we have flat leaf parsley, dill, basil, mint, coriander, chives and I think some tarragon, too. I toss the herbs together with a mix of other leaves - usually Romaine, spinach & rocket, but sometimes radish leaves or whatever I have. Then I layer it all up in a big bowl with spritzes of olive oil and balsamic vinegar in between. Gorgeous.



Salt Cod with Tomatoes & Peppers
10 ml olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 onion, sliced (90g)
1/2 red pepper, sliced (80g)
1/2 green pepper, sliced (80g)
1 can chopped tomatoes in juice (390g)
1 bay leaf
handful chopped basil
2 tablespoons capers
25g green & black olives
125g salt cod, refreshed and cooked
handful fresh parsley
Saute the onion, peppers and garlic in the oil until beginning to soften. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf & basil and simmer until the tomato juice is reduced by half.

Then add the capers, black olives and flaked salt cod. Season well with pepper - you probably will not need any salt - and simmer for a further 10 minutes, Finally, add the parsley and serve.

Nutrition Data per serving
Calories (kcal) 671.2
Carbohydrate (g) 32.4
Protein (g) 87.4
Fat (g) 18.4
Fibre (g) 9.0

No comments: