Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday 10 May - Beginning to feel like I will never get well

Well, I have been sick for over a week now and it shows no signs of abating. In fact, it has done what colds always seem to do with me; it has migrated into my chest and settled in as a chest infection. So, I broke down and called the GP's surgery.

I made an appointment, but asked if the doctor could just review and give me a prescription, as this sort of thing happens all to often to me.

Had a big bag of cherries and some coffee for breakfast, then settled into work.

For lunch, I just threw together an asparagus soup fashioned from the leftover portion of yesterday's Cheesey Veloute Sauce, some asparagus stock and a few asparagus spears. It was quick & easy and did the job along with a couple of slice of Molasses Rye.




Spoke to GP who agreed that he would just give me a 'scrip for amoxicillin (which has always cleared my chest in the past, so I popped out to get that filed. Fingers crossed that it knocks this thing on the head.

In the evening, I pulled a swordfish steak from the freezer and had it grilled with some sweet potatoes wedges and salsa

150g sweet potato
1 swordfish steak (130g)

Salsa
1/2 red onion (75g), chopped finely
200g Santini tomatoes, chopped
juice 1/2 lime
3 cloves garlic, crushed
15g spicy catsup
handful coriander leaves

Combine it all and serve with the grilled swordfish & potato wedges.

Nutrition Data
Calories (kcal) 336.6
Carbohydrate (g) 44.3
Protein (g) 28.3
Fat (g) 6.5
Fibre (g) 6.6

Sometimes it is nice to have a food hoard - I have been able to eat reasonably well from what I have in the house for the past few days (not that I have been especially hungry).

No comments: