Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday 6 May - Stil feeling rubbish

So till just doing as much work as possible. May as well get something useful out of being sick. On the positive side, I managed to get to sleep reasonably early and consequently, get up at a fairly normal time, so jet lag is easing.

So, still feeling rubbish, but at least not jet lagged on top of it.

Breakfast was All Bran and coffee. Will I EVER finish this damn box of All Bran? Remind me never to buy 750g boxes of cereal again. They just plain last too long if there is only one person eating it.

Did loads of work and then prepared a pasta salad for lunch with some nice yellow Santa tomatoes from Chapel Market. These are the same buggers that Marks & Spencer sell as Santini tomatoes, only the chappie in the market has them for £1 a pound (and no plastic boxes either). So, while they are about, I shall be buying them from my Chapel Market guy.



Fusilli Salad with Cherry Tomatoes
400g yellow Santa tomatoes
20g spring onions, sliced
60g spinach
big handful basil
50g wholewheat fusilli
15g Manuka honey
juice 1/2 lime
10ml olive oil

Cook the fusilli. While it's boiling, make a dressing of the honey, lime juice and olive oil. Season well.

Toss in the hot pasta and leave to cool.

When cool, add the tomatoes, spring onions, spinach and basil. Toss well to combine and serve.

Nutrition Data
Calories (kcal) 390.8
Carbohydrate (g) 59.6
Protein (g) 13.2
Fat (g) 12.3
Fibre (g) 10.6

Anyway, back to work for a few more hours, then decided on some Sweet and Sour Prawns for dinner. It was a bit more work than I actually felt like doing, but I am determined not to eat crap because I am sick. Better to stick to decent, home made meals.

This is essentially the same recipe have prepared before. See, for example, Dinner Friday 13 April, so I won't bother quoting the recipe again.

This one came out a little saucier than usual (not enough peppers!) and I had it with brown rice.

No comments: