Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dinner Tuesday 22 May - Mushroom & Cheese Omelette


Mushroom & Cheese Omelette
125g mushrooms
1 pat herb butter
2 eggs
40g half fat cheddar (I used some of the Leskol cheddar)
15ml single cream
few sprigs parsley, chopped
Saute the mushrooms in the Herb Butter until softened and cooked. Add the cream & the parsley.
Spray a non-stick skillet with a little olive oil and make a two egg omelette. When just starting to set, fill the omelette with the cooked mushrooms and cheese. Cook until as set as you like your eggs and serve with a few cherry tomatoes.

Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal) 392.7
Protein (g) 28.1
Carbohydrate (g) 1.2
Fat (g) 30.4
Fibre (g) 1.5

I like my omelettes browned and puffy, so I usually cover them and cook over low heat for about five minutes after adding the filling. The cover makes them rise and puff up.

I know that most people will tell you that eggs are to be just barely set, but I say cook them how you like them. I don't like rubbery eggs, but I don't like them slimy either.

No comments: