Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dinner Thursday 14 June - Le Mercury Restaurant


Met up with Marcel at the Piano & Pitcher for a few drinks, before we wandered off in search of dinner. Ended up eating at Le Mercury Restaurant on Upper Street.

Haven't been to Le Mercury for ages, so decided to give it a try tonight. I found it very good - reasonably priced, good food, nice atmosphere - just as I remembered it. It seems to get mixed reviews at various online review sites, but every time I have been here it has always been decent quality food and a reasonable price - not bad for oh-so-trendy Upper Street.

I started off with a pear, blue cheese and walnut salad. For main course, I had grilled trout fillet with pumpkin puree and steamed mixed vegetables. For afters, we shared a cheese plate which came with celery & apple (my preference) along with the usual biscuits.

Le Mercury
140a Upper Street
London N1 1NY

No comments: